Currently Freelancing at Ddesign references upon request 2008 — Present
Freelancing from home, working on various project for a variety of clients. Providing design along with desktop publishing services for print collateral. Project include not limited to: brochures, newsletters, flyers, posters, logos, book covers, business cards, letterhead, postcards, page layout & design, along preflight and preparation of files for final output. References upon request
Princeton Review production artist/compositor (on-site) 6/2007 — 12/2007
• Worked for the K12 division of the company, pouring, revising and laying out tests for all subjects.
• Responsible for the quality control of all files, Produced press ready pdf’s, distilled files for final output to Printer. All files were routed through the K4 Publishing System.
Silver Edition production artist (on-site) 11/2006 — 3/2007
• Assisted in the creation and production of the Georgia State Educational Science Books for Houghton Mufflin, grades 3 to 5. Worked from initial specs through final output of files.
• Responsible for the quality control of all files along with the placement of final high resolutions art. Produced press ready PDF’s, distilled files and placed on FTP server for printer.
Wiselephant, LLC graphic/production artist 10/2004 — 7/2006
• Created a variety of print materials/collaterals for client’s promotional needs. Handled the production of each project.
• Responsible for 30 book covers from templates each month (front/back/inside). Preparation and execution of all final files and/ or mechanicals to online Printers.
SS+K (Shepardson Stern & Kaminsky) graphic/production artist 5/98 — 7/2002
• Collaborated with creative team from initial concept through final production of print material which included: print ads, marketing/corporate collaterals, indoor/outdoor signage, packaging and annual reports.
• Sole person responsible for the preparation and execution of files to final mechanical. Revised mechanicals to match Clients, Art Director or Senior Designers requests along with resizing/reworking mechanicals for various publications.
• Assisted in the development and was responsible for the layout to output of all new business pitches and presentations. Responsible for organizing and archiving agencies creative files. Position entailed beginning highly organized and able to work efficiently on multiple projects to meet tight deadlines.
SS+K clients: CAA; (Creative Artist Agency), Chubb, CVS, General Motors, IndustryNetworks.com, Internet Appliance Networks, Liz Claiborne, Louisiana Pacific, Novix Media, Polo Ralph Lauren, Southern Company, Tivo, Time Warner, Urbanfetch, USA Group, Venturethink
Bozell Worldwide graphic/production artist 5/91 — 10/97
• Worked in the agency’s full services production studio (the CPS Group), along side art directors, copywriters & account people being part of the creative process. Worked from initial specs to final mechanical for: print ads, marketing/corporate collaterals, direct mail, packaging and indoor/outdoor signage. Revised mechanicals to match client/Art Directors requests along with resizing /reworking mechanicals to fit various publications. All mechanicals were routed through the QPS Managing System.
• Assisted in the creation of comps, laptop/slide presentations for new business pitches and presentations along with the art and/or charts, graphs associated with presentation.
• Assisted in the preparation and execution of files to final output, including preparation of files via Adsend. Also assisted in the organizing and archiving of the agency’s work. CPS was a fast paced detail oriented environment based on tight deadlines and a heavy workflow.
Bozell Worldwide clients: Revlon, Bausch & Lomb, Bell Atlantic, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Chrysler Corporation, FEMA, Mass Mutual, Merrill Lynch, National Fluid Milk Processor Promotion Board, Pfizer, National Pork Producers Council, Renaissance Hotels and Resorts, Taco Bell, The New York Times, The Valvoline Company, Ultrafem, Unisys, Wise Foods.
Expert Knowledge in CS5: Adobe Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop. QuarkXpress, Freehand, Keynote, Microsoft Office, Flightcheck, Adobe Acrobat, Basic knowledge of HTML and Dreamweaver, K4 Publishing System, QPS Managing System, Print Design and Layout, Typography, Photo Retouching, Image Manipulation, Proofreaders Marks, Prepress and Printing Process, Preflighting, Press Checking, FTP Serves, Traditional Mounting. Excellent Communication and Organizational Skills. Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects will meeting tight deadlines.
Koening Eastern Artist, NY, NY, Commercial & Fine Art Supplies, Assistant Manager/Customer Services Representative
Sam Flax, NY, NY, Commercial & Fine Art Supplies,
Salesperson ran the Pen & Paper Department, Customer Services
Server: for various restaurants
providing patrons with an highly accommodating dinning experience for there private parties and special events.... Work History and References upon request
Center for the Media Arts, New York, NY, Division of Mercy College
Certificate in Graphic Design & Technology
School of Visual Arts, New York, NY, Continuing Education,
Photo Retouching , Image Manipulation, Color Theory & Print Design.
Home Computer Setup •• • References and Portfolio available upon request