GROGGY DOG STUDIOS
Graphic Designer and Illustrator
2007 to Present
Creative print and branding work for advertising, marketing, and the children’s market which includes books, print collateral, and packaging. Other projects include illustration and graphic design work for logos, corporate identity, product branding, posters, brochures, apparel, packaging, video games, and magazines.
The Kennedy Center
Scholastic Book Fairs
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Cat Amuck Studios
Norwood House Press
Creative Teaching Press
Learning with Little Tony
Wall Street Journal
Virtual Farm Creative
Campbell Peachey Assoc.
Sr. Graphic Designer
2003 to 2007
Developed, designed, and expanded creative concepts from inception to completion for region's only promotion, event and creative development company.
Met with clients to discuss project goals and strategies; managed multiple designers from brainstorming sessions to production; designed layouts for advertisements, newsletters, websites, in-store displays, packaging, banners, billboards, and trade shows; managed branding standards; negotiated and drafted production estimates while saving clients money without sacrificing quality and on-time delivery.
• Leisure Bay Spa's catalog brochure was only in the thumbnail stage and behind schedule prior to Visionworks acquiring the account. After meeting with the client, I designed a layout and full comp, art directed the photo shoots of each product on location, retouched all photos, prepped finished art for prepress, and supervised press checks for a successful and on-time delivery, much to the clients satisfaction.
• Designed advertising campaigns, logos, billboards, promotions, vehicle wraps, posters, and banners for the Orlando Magic. Branding strategies resulted in increased attendance and revenue three years in a row.
• Member of the creative team that designed concepts to pitch the Phoenix Suns and helped become their agency of record beating out 17 other agencies.
• Designed and produced banners, posters, direct mail, and brochures to announce the grand opening of The Loop shopping center. Branding and advertising were a great success. As new stores opened, they reported high customer volume long before construction was even close to finishing.
• Created successful PowerPoint presentations for Hilton Hotels to assist in their sponsorship of the accommodations for athletes in the 2006 Winter Olympics. As a result, the hotel received a response rate that exceeded their expectations.
Created pencil sketches and marker renderings of promotion concepts for Walt Disney World Resort®, Disneyland Resort®, Orlando Magic, The LOOP, Phoenix Suns, and the New Orleans Hornets; rendered photo illustrations for Harley Davidson's local website and newsletter; magazine covers for Bang Vodka and Ginn Corporation. Created original art of logos, maps, diagrams, spot art, bus wraps, and web graphics for projects using digital and traditional media.
Wrote ad campaigns and guerrilla marketing concepts for Konami's 25th Anniversary of Frogger; concepts and headlines for brochures, radio spots, posters, and newsletters. Brainstormed creative taglines and slogans.
COSTA COMMUNICATIONS GROUP
Winter Park, Florida
Sr. Graphic Designer
2001 to 2003
Effectively managed and coordinated a spectrum of projects for an award-winning marketing and design studio through creative design, branding, and writing. Developed concepts and designs for annual reports, brochures, ad campaigns, websites, newsletters, and posters; created logos and corporate identity collateral to establish branding and company standards.
• Designed an annual report for Orlando Utilities Commission that took top honors in a national design contest conducted by the American Public Power Association (APPA).
• Created a highly successful campaign for Adult Literacy League which included an annual report, poster, newsletter, brochures, bookmarks, and newspaper ads. All collateral showcased Adult Literacy as a resource to recruit volunteers, increase public awareness and promote fundraising. After seven years, the branding is still being used today.
Met with vendors to discuss project specs; negotiated and drafted all creative and production estimates; prepared mechanical art for print; reviewed all production and proof materials on key projects; attended press checks for accuracy and signature approval.
Walt Disney World Resort®
New Orleans Hornets
W. L. Gore & Associates
Florida Citrus Sports
Amateur Athletic Union
Leisure Bay Spas
Adult Literacy League
City of Orlando