Illustrator, Graphic Designer
I am a Toronto based Illustrator, Photographer and Graphic Designer with more than fifteen years of experience in the book publishing field.
For the last years I have successfully created hundreds of book covers for Random House, Scholastic, Harlequin, Penguin Group, Harper Collins, Bloomsbury, Oxford Press and other publishers.
My skills include photography and illustration as well as graphic design, what enables me to provide the client with complete work on a cover from concept development to the final art.
My artistic abilities have been recognized through numerous national and international awards including Applied Arts awards for book cover design and Illustration.
Talented, result oriented Illustrator, Designer and Art Director with over 15 years of experience in the advertising and publishing field, successfully working with clients across Canada and the United States.
Multiple skills including photography and graphic design as well as illustration, enable to provide the client with complete work from concept development to the final art.
2009 • Applied Arts Award for book cover illustration: Applied Arts, Photography & Illustration
2009 • XPOSE photography and Illustration Award
2005 • Award for book cover design: Applied Arts, Design & Advertising International
2004 • Gold Prize for corporate design: XEROX National Graphic Design Competition
2003 • Gold and Silver Prize for logo and booklet design: XEROX National Graphic Design Competition
2002 • Applied Arts Award for advertising illustration: Applied Arts, Photography & Illustration
2002 • Gold and Bronze Prize for digital illustration: Graphic Exchange Digital Art Awards
2001 • Gold Prize for digital illustration: Graphic Exchange Digital Art Awards
2000 • Award for Outstanding Achievement, XEROX Canada
1996 • Gold Prize for commercial poster: City of Moscow Advertising Contest, Russia
• Art director and Graphic Designer: experience includes managing mass media advertising department at ADMA advertising agency, Moscow
• Art director for popular Russian weekly magazine: responsibilities included developing and implementing general graphic design strategy as well as management of photo and art department, TV-PARK Publishing House
• Owner/Operator, design and illustration business PEACOCK Inc., Toronto
• Senior Graphic Designer, XEROX Canada: responsibilities included art direction on major visual communication projects (advertising, design posters, publications, illustrations, logos, multimedia presentations, consumer brochures and all promotional materials).Creation of visual communications (concept to final production), presentation of artwork to clients
• Creative Designer, Harlequin Publishing House, Toronto: book cover design, concept development, art and illustration.
• Master’s degree in art and design from the Moscow School of Applied Arts (Russia)
• Studies in Computers, Publishing, Principles of Advertising, Colour Correction, Prepress and Digital Photography
• 19 years experience: graphic arts, traditional and digital illustration, advertising (from concept to execution)
• Extensive business knowledge
• Unwavering commitment to service, quality and teamwork
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Superior knowledge of PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Colour correction and Prepress, press and digital printing process
• Extensive experience print management.
SELECTED CLIENTS AND EMPLOYERS:
Toronto Russian Film Festival
Harper Collins Publishing
Cloak Design Inc.
TV-Park Publishing House
MOSCOW Executive Club
Computerland International Inc.
Administration of the President