E.J. Dixon III
Accomplished interactive creative director and design professional with over 15 years experience. I have designed and managed websites, social media, RIA, online applications, online advertising, branding and print collateral.
I have done work for clients such as Hyundai, e*Trade, Moody's Credit Ratings, Pfizer, Scottrade, NBC, Paramount Pictures and 20th Century Fox.
• Design for websites, mini-sites, landing pages, email campaigns and banner ads.
• Responsive Web design.
• Design for iOS and Android mobile and tablet applications.
• Effectively translates branding and marketing strategies for a wide range of clients/verticals.
• Prepares creative and UX deliverables (creative briefs, wireframes, style guides).
• Develops and create innovative concepts in keeping with project scope and budget.
• Extensive client experience, leading client meetings and presentations.
• Provides clear and responsive communication.
• Fluent in Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio/Omnigraffe, InDesign, MS Office and others.
• Social Media and Web 2.0 design. (MySpace, Ning, Facebook, Twitter).
• Design for CMS including: Joomla, Drupal, WordPress, TYPO3.
Creative Consultant, San Diego, CA
Creative Director / Web & Mobile Designer - 6/2008 - Present
Interactive Creative direction, web design and mobile design for a variety of clients.
• Responsive Web design.
• Mobile design for iOS and Android applications.
• Social media experience including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr.
Clients include: Bandsintown, Integrated UX, SKLZ, Scottrade, Earthbound Media Group, La Sierra University, Ski Dazzle.
Bandsintown Concerts, San Diego, CA
Sr. UX Designer - 1/2012 to 5/2013
Designed the Facebook and web applications for Bandsintown, the leading concert application for iPhone, Android and Facebook. With over 30,000,000 unique fans a month and 8,000,000 registered users of the Facebook app and over 4,000,000 mobile users.
• Projects include: web sites, facebook pages, mobile applications: iPhone and Android, social media design, landing pages, online advertisements, HTML emails.
• Design for the Bandsintown Artist Platform. Made for touring artists worldwide, the facebook application is used by over 180,000 artists. Projects include: website, facebook application, email campaigns and sales and marketing materials.
• Produce sitemaps, wireframes, comps, styleguides and prototypes.
BlooSky Interactive, San Clemente, CA
Creative Director - 1/2008 to 6/2008
Creative direction and design for online advertising projects.
• Manage and mentor design team and external resources.
• Managed a staff of 6 designers.
• Created process for design and production workflow and develop project documentation.
• Design of mini-sites, landing pages, email campaigns and banner ads.
Keane, Irvine, CA
Senior Visual Design Consultant - 2/2005 to 12/2007
Senior design consultant for Keane's Architecture Services group.
• Responsibilities include; User interface design and components for Rich Internet Applications, executive dashboards, web applications and websites.
• Worked in collaboration with Information architects, business analysts, and data architects.
• Provided direction to design and development staff.
• Worked closely with clients and key stakeholders on client pitches, proposals and client presentations.
Clients include: E*Trade, Moody’s, Best Western, Pfizer, Hyundai.
San Diego Media, San Diego, CA
V.P. Creative/Creative Director - 11/2000 to 12/2004
Creative direction and design of corporate, and E-commerce Web sites.
• Managed internal and external design resources.
• Collaborated in the development of MaxEXP, an e-Commerce platform.
Clients include: SureFire Flashlights, Home Controls, Professional Plastics.
Pyro Advertising, Los Angeles, CA
Art Director - 2/2000 to 11/2000
Design and art direction for motion picture and entertainment Web sites.
Clients include: Paramount Pictures, 20th Century Fox, MGM, Sony Pictures.
eCompanies, Los Angeles, CA
Art Director - 7/1999 to 2/2000
Art Direction and design for eCompanies incubator prototype Websites. Web and interface design.
Inspired Arts, San Diego, CA
Creative Director - 2/1998 to 7/1999
Creative director for web design and development company.
• Art direction and design for Website and marketing.
• Managed the production and design staff of 10 art directors and designers.
Clients include: HNC Software, Easton Sports, Star System, Chicken Of The Sea
NTN Communications, San Diego, CA
Art Director - 6/1997 to 2/1998
• Managed the design for the online gaming division.
• Managed a staff of 4 designers.
• Art direction and interface design for Java based, multi-player, Trivia games.
Managing a design staff of four designers.
Clients include: AOL, NBC (E.R.) and Bell Canada.
nu.millenia STUDIOS, San Diego, CA
Creative Director/Producer - 12/1995 to 6/1997
Creative direction and design for Enhanced-CD and Web projects.
Clients: Dogstar, White Zombie, Filter, Clay Walker, Warner Brothers Music.
Graphix Zone, Irvine, CA
Art Director - 8/1995 to 12/1995
Art Direction and design for Enhanced-CD and CD-ROM projects.
• Managed staff of seven art directors, designers and production designers.
• Hired and managed freelance resources.
Projects- Oliver Stone's Nixon-The Soundtrack Enhanced CD, Nixon-The CD-ROM: Based on the Film by Oliver Stone, Herbie Hancock's Living Jazz CD-ROM
Art Director/Designer | 6/1993 to 8/1995
Art Direction, texture design, and interface Design, for Buried in Time: The Journeyman Project 2, a CD-ROM Adventure game. Responsible for the creation of game interfaces including textures, 3D compositing and Photoshop enhancements of the main game interface. Provided Art direction and design for marketing collateral, game packaging, and advertising.
Palomar Junior College 1979-1982 | AA Degree Graphic Design / Illustration
Certificate/Project Management | U.C.S.D. San Diego 1999