SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Professional experience in graphic design, ads, direct mail, logos, dvd packaging design, illustrations, menu design, photo selection, graphic design software, digital imaging and working to customer specifications.
Demonstrated ability to coordinate and run multiple projects. Skilled in the implementation of policies and procedures designed to support graphics creation, customer service, and quality control. Excellent communication, organizational, presentation and technical skills.
Expertise and knowledge in areas such as:
- Design Applications- Photo Collage- Production
- Logos- Customer Service- Presentations
- Photo Manipulation- Account Management- Business Development
- Color Correction/Matching- Creative Thinker- Planning/Support
- Illustrations- Multi Tasking- Team Player
Hardware: QuarkXpress, Adobe CS2: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator & Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Word, art databases,
familiarity of Macromedia Dreamweaver, Macromedia Fireworks, Macromedia Flash, HTML, Powerpoint & Excel.
Mac & PC Platforms, Scanning, Current Printer: Toshiba Studio series
Southern New Hampshire University, Manchester, NH 2011-present
Content Architect+Graphic Designer
Southern Wine & Spirits of N.E., Concord, NH 2006-present
• Design advertising and promotional materials for restaurants, wine & spirits companies, including direct mail pieces, online
advertising, and public relations/marketing materials. Create large format materials for product-sponsored sweepstakes
at state liquor stores. Develop and design new product proposal point of sale for presentation to the NH Liquor Commissioner.
• Design logos for clients, manipulate photos, manage artwork archives & digital photos, large volume in-house printing, obtain estimates for jobs not printed on site and manage the progress and quality of those jobs. Interface daily with sales representatives for their design requests and updates.
• Develop design concepts for advertising campaigns to be used in mulitple types of media.
• Ability to prioritize and organize workload to meet fast paced deadlines.
• Increased productivity over by 100%. Increased supplier invoices by 36%. Improved creativity and quality production.
• Built and continue to accumulate a large high resolution image library of logos and photos to improve the quality of materials produced.
FREELANCE, Weare, NH 2004-ongoing
• Design logos, business cards, websites, brochures, resumes and direct mail pieces for clients.
• Assist new businesses with marketing and promotional ideas.
S & W Sports, Concord, NH2004-2006
• Sell specialized skiing and cycling equipment to customers, assure proper fit.
• Take special orders, merchandise the store and take inventory. Constantly gained product knowledge to
provide the best customer service.
VERIZON, Bedford, NH 1995-2004
• Designed customer ads for over 130 Verizon SuperPages directories for use throughout New England and New York.
•Among the first group of designers at Verizon to use industry standard Adobe design software to implement a
process color, high-end design program for yellow pages advertising. As a result, new advertising price points
were established that significantly increased company revenues.
• Created logos, specialty ads including: inside and outside cover ads, tip-ons (self adhering cover ads) and
magnetic tip-ons designed to help customers achieve their advertising goals while increasing their
recognition and profits.
• Wrote copy for customers’ ads designed to promote their image, create need in the eyes of the consumer and
increase business and profits for advertisers.
• Worked with sales reps and customers to assure accurate representations of ads shown in directories.
•Designed promotional materials and sales aids for use by sales representatives, management and corporate personnel.
• Managed advertising accounts-work flow, customer contact, production deadlines, researched company logos
for co-op advertising, and established internal controls designed to meet goals and deadlines.
• Responsible for on-site and telephone customer consultations, offered flexibility to design ads during spontaneous
customer visits, while increasing business by establishing excellent relationships.
• Maintained Verizon brand consistency throughout designed materials.
• Consistently received excellent yearly reviews.
ASSOCIATED GROCERS OF NEW ENGLAND, Manchester, NH
• Designed weekly multi-page supermarket flyers on short notice and called independent stores to confirm
prices for advertising.
• Proofed pages and designed work and ensured proper work flow procedures were being followed in production
EDUCATION & ADDITIONAL TRAINING
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Studio Art, Associates of Arts Degree in Business, University of New Hampshire
Graphic Design Courses, San Diego State University
Certificate in Advanced Computer Graphics
Web Design Pro Certificate