Chief Creative at Rolamo dot com (Freelance) – Durham, NC
2001 – Present
- Assist business owners with crafting stories and building brands through campaign level thinking and the execution of both online and offline content utilizing graphic design, typography, and filmmaking principles.
- Facilitate the launch of new businesses and the revitalization of existing businesses through effective brand strategy and advanced knowledge of cutting edge tools and technology, including Adobe’s Creative Suite of products and Autodesk 3D Studio Max.
- Prioritize and manage the creation of robust marketing collateral for multiple projects simultaneously.
Senior Designer, Creative Director at Applied Science International (ASI) – Durham, NC
2007 – Present
- Manage concept, design, and execution of innovative marketing materials using Adobe Creative Suite and related software for ASI and its international partner companies.
- Support demolition clients in Brazil and Australia with press kits and videos that educate the media and other interested parties about ASI’s proprietary Extreme Loading Technology (ELT).
- From 2007 – 2009 as the Creative Director operating under the subsidiary TSNStudios (TSNS), drove the utilization of ELT as a visual effects tool in three blockbuster films, and several television programs through the integration of Extreme Loading output with popular production tools such as 3D Studio Max, Maya, and RealFlow.
- Managed a team of artists and developers to improve and enhance the interface, capabilities, and workflow of ELT as an advanced animation tool for the media and entertainment community.
- Supervised the marketing of ELT to film production and gaming companies using organic and social media marketing methods.
Multimedia Director, Project Manager at The Steel Network, Inc. (TSN) – Raleigh, NC
2000 – 2007
- Developed the company’s first comprehensive product catalog, website, interactive CD, and matching marketing collateral using Adobe Flash, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Macromedia/Adobe Director.
- Built, trained, and managed a graphics and web team that supported me with continued website design, maintenance, and the production of all sales and marketing materials.
- From 2004 – 2007 as the Project Manager for the subsidiary The Great Organization, LLC., supervised the development of several web (CMS) and desktop applications (C#) that supported e-commerce and internal serious games, accountability, and management information systems for the company.
- Managed a staff of eleven developers and graphic artists based both in Raleigh, North Carolina and Cairo, Egypt.
- Defined project standards and best practices, set deadlines, maintained the schedule, and communicated project status to stakeholders using Microsoft Project and Office tools.
Illustrator at BAE Systems – Dahlgren, VA
1998 - 2000
- Created graphics and written content for Department of Defense projects in the form of PowerPoint presentations, bid proposals, interactive CDs and streaming videos.
- Fashioned and revised printed and electronic media, both in a group environment and independently with civilian and military clients.
- Planned and executed company and organizational events, while adhering to brand guidelines and procedures.
- Supported the American Society of Naval Engineers (ASNE) with graphics for their successful “Engineering the Total Ship” symposium (ETS 2000).
- The B Spot, 2011 (TV) – Created custom motion graphics and the main title sequence.
- Julie McKnight & Friends, 2010 (DVD) – Edited footage and generated motion graphics: main title, lower thirds, bumpers, and end credits. Designed graphics for the DVD menus and cover.
- Brang It, 2010 (TV) – Created motion graphics; main title, lower thirds, bumpers, and end credits. Provided editing and finishing support.
- Hope, 2010 (Indie Film) – Operated the Canon 5D Mark 2 to produce video footage.
- Potty Mouth, 2010 (Indie Film) – Provided editing, compositing, and motion graphics services.
- Avatar, 2009 (Feature Film) – Fashioned demolition pre-visualization for the Home Tree destruction scene.
- 2012, 2009 (Feature Film) – Developed demolition pre-visualization for Redeemer statue destruction scene.
- G.I.Joe: The Rise of Cobra, 2009 (Feature Film) – Created demolition simulation and pre-visualization.
- The Detonators, 2009 (TV) – Provided simulation, compositing, and editing services.
- Criss Angel Mindfreak Building Implosion Escape (67/68), 2008 (TV) – Provided demolition simulation, rendering services.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Communication (Summa Cum Laude)
American InterContinental University - 2012 - Schaumburg, IL
- Concentration in Graphic Design
Associate of Arts in General Studies
College of Southern Maryland - 2000 - LaPlata, MD
Professional Certificate in Digital Filmmaking
The School of Communication Arts - 2008 - Raleigh, NC
- Digital Filmmaking Creative Excellence Award
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- National Technical Honor Society (NTHS)
- National Eagle Scout Association (NESA)
SOFTWARE - On both PC & Macintosh
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe After Effects
- Autodesk 3D Studio Max
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Premiere
- Apple Final Cut Pro
- Adobe Soundbooth
- Autodesk Maya
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- HTML, CSS
Used As Needed:
- Corel PhotoPaint
- Corel Draw
- Sony Acid
- Sound Forge
- Axure Rapid Prototype
Also Familiar With:
- Unreal Development Kit
- Adobe Flash
- Adobe Director