Art Director, Graphic Designer
Immediately Available: Experienced creative director, art director, graphic designer, creative manager with a passion for design and publishing.
I have a thorough knowledge of printing, photography, and typography; work well as part of a team, with a variety of personalities. I have the capability to lead a team of creatives; the knowledge of graphic and publishing fundamentals, layouts, typography, color, and restrictions of the web with the ability to make evaluative judgments.
Capable of wearing many hats! I hope to expand my horizons with a dynamic company, to use my substantial skill set that will promote growth, brand, volume, and profits.
I am available for an interview at your earliest convenience.
Produce and direct catalog management, coordination, and design. Large publications, books, manuals. I have established a great team of independent contract professionals to produce print, web, multimedia and photography. Creative problem solver. Proficient in Adobe CS software, MS Office Suite.
Creative Consultant/CEO at MooreCreative
May 2010 - Present
Creative consultation, art direction, graphic design, brand development. Specializing in large publications, books and catalogs. Direct multimedia, 3D and web site projects.
• FirePower: Project designs for various clients including web banners, slider designs, advertising, marketing materials
• AutoMail: Direct mail advertising for automotive clients
• BSA: Continued lifestyle brand, design and management of BSA catalogs and photography. Organization wide layoff ended freelance opportunities
• Revised strategy; reduced photography and production costs by 30%.
• Member AIGA
Creative Director at Boy Scouts of America, Supply Group
April 2007 - April 2010 (3 years 1 month)
Creative Director, BSA Supply Group, Charlotte, NC:
Creative direction for the marketing group. Projects include multiple catalogs, power point, brand development, multimedia projects, trade show displays, store signage. Provides design continuity for product lines and ensures design and illustration work for each project meets its budget and schedule. Engages and directs the work of internal staff and freelance designers, illustrators and photographers for a variety of projects. Perform press checks and inspect and approve delivered products.
• Successfully brand the BSA catalog utilizing lifestyle photography that would cover a multitude of needs and reduce production cost by 30%
• Created brand design for H20 and TrekTek product line
• Concept ideation for Pinewood Derby 3D micro web site in collaboration with Supabenjadigital
• Concept ideation for BSA Uniform micro web site
• Conceive and direct tradeshow graphics and videos for new uniform fabric technology
• Start the creative process for new packaging designs
• Implemented Basecamp as project management tool streamlining performance and ensuring measurable cost savings
Graphic designer/Art director at Boy Scouts of America
November 1997 - April 2007 (9 years 6 months)
Publication Designer, BSA National Office, Irving, TX:
Project designer for new publications and electronic media. Provides design continuity for product lines and ensures design and illustration work for each project meets its budget and schedule. Engages and directs the work of internal staff and freelance designers, illustrators and photographers for a variety of projects. Highlights: Fieldbook Fourth Edition; 2005 Supply Division Catalog, series of 5; Basic Leader Training brand; In The Scout Zone concept; Wood Badge brand; Patrol Leader handbooks.
Graphic Designer at American Cancer Society, Texas Division
March 1994 - November 1997 (3 years 9 months)
Designer and prepress production for publications. Perform press checks and inspect and approve delivered products.
Composer at San Angelo Standard-Times
November 1991 - May 1993 (1 year 7 months)
Graphic Designer at Keith Corley and Associates
1981 - 1991 (10 years)
San Angelo, Central High; Art Institute, PA; AIU Online
BFA, Visual Communication, completing, 2004 - 2012
Activities and Societies: American Cancer Society; Boy Scouts of America; NAPP; Linked-In; Facebook, MooreCreative1
Skills & Expertise
Adobe Creative Suite
Creative Problem Solving
Creative Concept Development
Web site design
Large project organization
Ability to Deal with Difficult Issues
Creates an experience
Finds humor in any situation