Copywriter/Social Media Manager
I am interested in pursuing a creative career involving social media, marketing, public relations, writing, editing and/or the publishing industry. I have been utilizing my talent and passion in the field of writing since the age of five. I competed in writing competitions all through lower school and received recognition for doing so in high school. I took AP English courses throughout high school, as well as an upperclassman elective at Stonehill College. The summer of 2006, I took a class at Columbia University in Creative Writing, which is where I met the Social Events writer for Instyle. I am now honing my skills as well as branching out to different kinds of writing, as in the past I have mostly gravitated toward fiction writing. I am an expert typist, which would be helpful in the position of a social media strategist. I am very organized and would dedicate myself completely to my job.
I have just earned my Bachelor’s degree from the University of Vermont, majoring in English and minoring in Women’s and Gender Studies. I am a very cooperative worker, which is why I would make a good employee. I have a lot of interest in publishing, editorial writing, public relations, and the creative industry. I would be perfect for a job for which I would utilize my talents as a writer. Furthermore, I am very well learned in social media. I recently worked for Tarrah Grant of Tarrah Grant / Publicity, maintaining a Twitter and blog account for one of her major clients. I have also maintained a personal blog, a Twitter account, a tumblr, a Pinterest, and a Facebook page for several years. I am highly computer savvy, which would be of great use for that such field.
University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
• Bachelor’s of Arts, 2011
• Major: English, Minor: Women’s & Gender Studies
Stonehill College, Easton, MA
• Worked toward Bachelor’s of Arts 2007-2008
The Governor’s Academy, Byfield, MA
• Class of 2007
Columbia University, New York, New York
• Summer 2006
• High School Intensive Summer Program: Creative Writing
Tarrah Grant Publicity, New York, New York Jan. 2012-May 2012
• Created and maintained media portals for a client and upcoming music artist, DJ Mark Larush, increasing his fan base by over 100 on Twitter fan-base in only a few months
• Developed relationships with several magazines and blog sites including Promomytrack, representing Larush and collaborating with personnel to publish his press junkets and advertise his name
• Worked closely with the creator of this “boutique” agency, learning the ins and outs of working in artistic marketing and establishing a professional and classy reputation in a competitive field
Daniel Bork, East Kingston, NH June 2010-Present
Child care provider/Nanny
• Supervised two siblings (presently ages 5 and 7) full-time during summers and school vacations, and part-time throughout college
• Held responsibilities including transporting them, arranging play dates, engaging them in creative and educational activities, dressing them for the day and/or bedtime, providing nutritious meals and snacks, and maintaining a clean and safe environment for the children
The Body Shop, Burlington, VT Sept. 2011-Dec. 2011
• Maintained a tidy, organized presentation of the store front while providing superior customer service to patrons during the store’s busiest season.
• Entrusted with handling money transactions, including returns and exchanges at the register and managing inventory before and after store hours.
Achievements and Leadership Positions
• Resident Assistant “Proctor” at Governor’s Academy (academic 2006-2007)
• 1st and 3rd place in Write Away! contest
Computer & Social Media Skills
• Twitter account: kristenmbergman
• Tumblr account: sinningonasunday
• Facebook: kristenmbergman
• Pinterest: kristenmbergman
• Blogspot: kmarie0120
References available upon request.