Content Strategist & Writer
Anthony Thomas Advertising
We are seeking a savvy wordsmith to join our team to create relevant original written content (mainly blogging) to attract, educate, engage and convert our target audience and that of our diverse client roster. Candidates must have a comprehensive understanding of “content’s” place and function in today’s digital marketing ecosystem including SEO, social media, etc. Experience in blogging and developing white papers to achieve business goals is a must.
Your duties and responsibilities would include:
- Research, write, and optimize truly remarkable/awesome/memorable/share-worthy weekly blog posts on a wide range of topics — 3 blog posts (1,500 - 2,000 words) per week minimum
- Develop monthly content plans based on company and client needs — includes keyword research and topic recommendations
- Optimize content for search engines and lead generation/conversion
- Develop recommendations to improve blog strategies/tactics/topics based on ongoing analysis
- Research, write and optimize long-form content such as eBooks and white papers on an monthly basis
- Contribute on additional content materials — email marketing, social media posts, website content, video scripts
- Grow blog subscribers and convert visitors into leads
- Create and maintain content calendars
- Research and keep up-to-date with major content and business/industry trends
Additional required skills / characteristics include:
- A strong understanding of today’s digital marketing ecosystem including inbound marketing, marketing automation, social media, etc.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to create or adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business and our clients
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts
- Marketing and content creation experience
We’re looking for someone with some “juice” — someone who is highly self-motivated… someone with experience and creativity… and someone with passion for storytelling who truly believes in the positive impact that storytelling can have on an organization/brand.
If this is you, send us a note.