• Creative and enterprising designer with
extensive graphic design experience.
• Strong conceptual thinker with a passion
for the creative process.
• Extensive project management working
with multiple projects
• Resourceful & driven to achieve customer
satisfaction, meet deadlines & budgets
• Successful working in a group as well as
• Proven expertise in establishing and
maintaining brands and standards.
• Comprehensive experience in all phases
of prepress print production.
• Thorough attention to detail in all areas
of design and production.
• Excellent written and verbal communication
skills with the ability to communicate effectively
with a diverse audience.
• Experienced in problem solving & providing solutions.
Proficient in using the following software:
• InDesign - from formatting single pages
to multiple page documents
• Illustrator - creating one to multiple color
vector illustrations and diagrams
• Photoshop - editing, color correcting and
• Acrobat - formatting & preparing artwork
for reproduction & digital media
• Wordpress - formatting & inputing
information using templates
2/02 - (present)
Assignments: logos, lettering, advertisements, brochures, magazine layouts and direct mail.
• Sacramento City College: 1/08 - (present)
• International Academy of Design and Technology: 8/10 - 12/12
• Sierra Communiity College: 9/07 - 6/10
• California State University, Sacramento: 9/03 - 9/06
Typography 103A –Teaching the history, aesthetics, meaning & application of typography.
Digital Design 10 – Teaching the fundamentals of Adobe Creative Suite for Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign applications.
CSUS Foundation, CSUS, Sacramento, CA
9/89 - 2/02
Responsibilities included the coordination and completion of art work developed for logos, signage, brochures and other promotional materials for the CSUS campus restaurants
and bookstore facilities. Supervised and trained
a staff of graphic designers and student interns. Worked directly with department directors, clients, vendors and management to coordinate work. Duties included concept development, providing estimates, proofreading and copy writing. Equipment operated: Nikon 990 Digital camera; Apple Macintosh with Adobe programs; PageMaker and Illustrator, and Photoshop.
9/1989 - 2/2002
CSUS Foundation, Sacramento, CA
Responsible for the coordination and completion of art work developed for logos, signage, brochures and other promotional materials for the CSUS campus restaurants and bookstore facilities. Supervise and train a staff of graphic designers and student interns. Work directly with department directors, clients, vendors and management to coordinate work. Duties include design development, providing estimates, proofreading and some copy writing. Equipment operated: Apple Macintosh with Adobe programs; PageMaker, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
The Tsuruda Group, Sacramento, CA
4/1988 - 9/1989
Worked with art director, clients and
other staff in determining design needs, budgets and time frames
for projects. Responsibilities included design development and production of logos, brochures, advertisements, direct mailers, packaging and press kits. Maintained production schedules, consultation with suppliers; obtaining estimates, interviewing and researching prospective photographers, illustrators, suppliers and services.
California Job Journal, Sacramento, CA
10/1987 - 4/1988
Responsible for preparing art work for marketing campaigns and
bi-weekly newspaper publication. Assignments included the design, layout and production of advertisements, articles, brochures and direct mail pieces.
Graphic Artist Lead/Coordinator
Computer Sciences Corporation, Sacramento, CA
7/1984 - 10/1987
Responsible for the coordination and completion of design of art work used for Medicaid and Medi-Cal programs nationwide. Supervised five other graphic artists. Worked directly with originators, editors, printers, word processors and management to coordinate art work. Composed and designated formats and illustration standards for preparing four color and black and white art for brochures, bulletins, annual reports, documents and proposals including bar charts, flow charts, diagrams, illustrations and paste-up mechanicals. Duties included training and familiarizing new artists with departments and equipment; and maintaining and assuring customer satisfaction.
Sacramento Natural Foods Cooperative, Inc. Sacramento, CA
6/1983 - 2/1984
Responsible for art work for advertising and informational programs. Duties included preparing maintaining art work and signage for weekly specials, product cards, flyers and banners as requested. Designed and set up presentation boards and point-of purchase displays for various products and events. Involved in the design
and layout of packaging for CO-OP products.
The Marketing Connection, Signal Hill, CA
9/1982 - 6/1983
Responsible for the layout and design of corporate identity packages, including presentation boards, brochures and ads for Coldwell Banker, Red Carpet and Century 21. Edited and selected copy for publications. Also created floor plan and maps highlighting key areas of interest from detailed blueprints and road atlas.
American River College, Media Services, Sacramento, CA
9/1981 - 9/1982
Responsible for typesetting required for art work prepared by the department. Duties included production of camera-ready art for bulletins, flyers, charts and other college related materials.
Artist and Printer
Transfer Express, Sacramento, CA
6/1980 - 9/1981
Managed store: wholesale and retail sales. Responsibilities included taking orders, keeping inventory and operating cash register. Contacting buyers and wholesale distributors. Opening and closing the store, and maintaining store appearance. Duties included creating art work and lettering for t-shirts, screen printing various fabrics and papers. Preparing silk screen for printing, coating and reclaiming screens, operating plate maker and vertical process camera.
California State University, Long Beach
Bachelor's of Arts Degree, Graphic Design and Illustration
American River College
Associate of Arts degree, Graphic Design and Illustration
• Friends of Calligraphy, San Francisco
• Sacramento Ad Club
AWARDS & PUBLISHED WORK
• American Graphic Design USA Magazine – 2003, 2011
• Creativity Annual 32, 33 & 39 - 2003, 2004, 2010
• Addy Silver Award - Sacramento Ad Club - 2009
• 1000 Designer Greetings - 2004
• Dynamic Graphics, Feature Article - 2002
• American Corporate Identity 2002
• Addy Gold Award, Silver Award - Sacramento Ad Club
• PRINT Magazine - Regional Design Annual 2000
• The New Big Book of Logos, July 2000
• HOW Magazine (Self-Promotional Issue) - 1999
• Bullet Proof Logos - 1999
• The Big Book of Logos - 1999
• The Best Invitation, Card, and Announcement Design - 1997
• Direct Mail Marketing Design -published 1994
• HOW Magazine (Self-Promotional Issue) - 1990