Senior Designer for Store Sign Program, Pier 1 Imports, Fort Worth, TX, 2011 – Present: Responsible for any and all customer-facing messaging.
Contract Senior Art Director, Paula Rusk Creative Services, Cedar Hill, TX, 2005 – Present: Successfully develop and implement innovative design concepts that strengthen corporate brand identities. Work closely with clients and effectively manage design projects to ensure all visions are maintained, all deadlines are met, and all expectations are exceeded. Seamlessly direct challenging design initiatives from concept through completion. Expertly manage accounts and vendor relationships.
• Increased traffic flow and improved sales for Bailey Banks & Biddle by providing high quality, yet affordable catalog and direct mail design services. Fully adhered to strict graphic standards and tight deadlines.
• Successfully developed attractive and user friendly web sites for Dallas Tae Kwon Do (www.dallastkd.com), Oak Gardens Church of Christ (www.oakgardenschurch.org), Covetable Designs (covetabledesigns.com), and Louis Murzone Enterprises, LLC (www.louismurzone.com).
• Created compelling newsletters and marketing materials for the Fairhill School & Diagnostic Assessment Center and Advanced Home Healthcare.
• Designed highly effective advertisements and marketing materials for The Arrangement Western Interiors.
Associate Creative Director,
Brown+Partners, Inc., Dallas, TX, 2003 – 2005:
Strategically developed and improved brand concepts, corporate identities, and visual marketing messages for worldwide luxury retail markets. Maintained exceptional quality by continually evaluating the effectiveness of brand marketing strategies and implementing improvements when needed. Established highly effective storefront schematics and branding strategies for private-label and global brands. Directed a high-performing creative team of eight, demonstrating decisive leadership during important design, illustration, photo art, and scheduling challenges. Developed compelling branding concepts and print materials. Designed attractive packaging, products, and signage. Interviewed clients, oversaw key accounts, produced estimates, generated RFPs, and simultaneously managed multiple projects.
• Increased store sales by 3% for Zales Outlet by developing signage, outdoor advertising, and direct mail campaigns that appealed to a wide variety of shoppers.
• Significantly enhanced the shopping experience for Zales The Diamond Store by strategically designing graphics that led shoppers to their targeted products.
• Developed timeless images and stunning store décor that Zales maintained for many years with little revision.
• Created exciting seasonal catalogs for Bailey Banks & Biddle, a luxury jewelry retailer.
• Enhanced The Brown Catalog’s corporate image and improved sales by developing captivating catalogs and direct mail campaigns.
Branchout, Inc., Dallas, TX, 2002 – 2003:
Led and motivated a team of freelancers and four designers to develop quality products, packaging, labeling, and brand identities for multi-cultural environments.
• Redefined ethnic marketing strategies by successfully targeting wider and more lucrative market segments.
• Increased business for Footaction USA and strengthened brand image by developing direct mail campaigns, signage, and product catalogs with an increased focus on hip hop apparel. Enticed customers seeking stylish casual apparel as well as athletic footwear.
• Led concept development and design for Pro-Line hair care products (Comb-Thru, Soft & Beautiful, and TCB) through consumer and trade advertising, promotions, packaging enhancements. Advertising campaigns elevated baseline sales of company products 15%. These new campaigns also increased product distribution as new trade partners sought to carry the lines.
Senior Designer – Art Director,
DDB Worldwide, Dallas, TX, 2000 – 2002:
Successfully achieved fully integrated advertising campaigns for $25 million accounts; managed product packaging and branding development. Provided insightful design leadership for marketing/PR campaigns, written publications, media outlets, and out-of-home initiatives. Designed fresh and unique graphics used in television and newspaper advertisements. Supervised and inspired a multidiscipline marketing team of five.
• Designed and executed a highly successful marketing campaign for International Delight Coffee Creamers that encompassed packaging, direct mail, POP, POS, and FSI.
• Improved the presence of Morningstar Foods (Dean Foods) coffee products by effectively selling the great taste of coffee house flavored coffee to home brewing consumers.
SullivanPerkins, Dallas, TX, 1995 – 2000:
Provided superior design service to major clients such as AA Publishing, Dave & Busters, ATMOS Energy, GTE, Haggar Clothing Co., Lake Austin Spa Resort, Pets.com, RCS Investments, The Crossroads Group and The Rouse Company. Developed business identities, products, collateral materials, illustrations, and graphic designs.
• Created clear, comprehensive, and stylish annual reports for Dave & Busters and ATMOS Energy.
• Developed highly effective consumer marketing campaigns for GTE, Pets.com, Lake Austin Spa Resort and RCS Investments.
Design Applications: Adobe CS4 (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, ImageReady), QuarkXpress,
Office Software: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Entourage), Acrobat 9 Pro
Web Development: WordPress, Web 2.0 Technologies
Platforms: Mac OS X
Bachelor of Fine Arts
Major in Design Communications,
minor in Advertising Marketing
University of Texas at Arlington, 1993
Springbow logo recognized by LogoLounge's Master Library Volume 3
Work recognized by Dallas Society of Visual Communications (DSVC), Print Magazine