Marketing Design / Art Direction
I am a versatile designer who is dedicated to designing dynamic and informative work. With my marketing background I increase brand awareness and sales through various materials. My versatility is a result of both marketing as well as pre-press/production experience.
I am looking for a company dedicated to producing the highest quality of work. My design skills are matched with the ability to direct and manage projects from concept to completion. I am attuned to a fast-paced environment and I work with precision and efficiency.
Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Flash, QuarkXPress, Acrobat, Microsoft Office, Mac and PC platforms. Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
Art Director- Orlando Sentinel (February 2011 - July 2011)
- As part of Strategic Sales, supported advertising sales objectives through brochures, flyers, contest promotion, advertising campaigns, event collateral and signage, in-paper ads, and spec ads
- Acquired new advertising clients through strategic and creative sales presentations
- Collaborated with Marketing Strategists and Sales Reps to target and maintain revenue streams
Senior Marketing Designer- Bonnier Corporation (May 2010 - Nov 2010)
- Executed and ensured quality of all Travel Group brands from conception to completion of micro-websites, web landing pages, e-vites, e-newsletters, media kits, events, trade shows, sales collateral, corporate level sales presentations, logo design, brochures, and direct mail campaigns
- Collaborated with publishers and art directors on title-specific projects, to ensure brand consistency
- Managed all photo requests, billing, production, and responsibility for the marketing department
Freelance Designer- Parenting Magazine
- Worked with creative director to implement redesign of largest national brand in company
- Oversaw/managed designers to maintain new brand guidelines, as well as mentor junior designers
- Worked with editorial staff to maintain intense deadlines, while ensuring quality layout design
Senior Graphic Designer- F.E.G.S Health and Human Services (Dec 2005 - Aug 2008)
- Served as lead print designer for the largest health non-profit organization in New York City
- Translated divisional input into creative solutions such as brochures, annual reports, and logos
- Directed photography shoots to create new images for print and assisted with video shoots
Graphic Designer- Equinox Fitness Clubs (Dec 2004 - Dec 2005)
- Created club passes, brochures and all signage inside the luxury fitness clubs
- Worked alongside the Marketing Department on multi-page marketing brochures and on retail catalogs co-branded passes, and membership cards
- Worked in teams to write copy, proofread, and make revisions under tight promotion deadlines
- Established new brand standards and maintained them in various, diverse markets
Production Artist- Quad Graphics through Kelly Services (2002 - 2004)
- Retouched photographs under strict deadlines for GQ, Vogue, and other publications
- Prepared images for press by color-correcting and adjusting curves
- Mounted images onto drum scanners using both dry and liquid mounting techniques
B.A. degree in Graphic Design, University of Central Florida. Graduated Cum Laude in May 2002.
Silver Addy, Communicator Awards (Annual Report, Identity), Davey Award (Annual Report: Design), Knight Images Award