Art Direction / Illustration
I am a versatile designer who is dedicated to designing dynamic and informative work. With my marketing background I increase brand awareness and sales through various materials. My versatility is a result of both marketing as well as pre-press/production experience.
I am looking for a company dedicated to producing the highest quality of work. My design skills are matched with the ability to direct and manage projects from concept to completion. I am attuned to a fast-paced environment and I work with precision and efficiency.
I thrive in a collaborative environment and am a positive addition to any team.
Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Flash, QuarkXPress, Acrobat, Microsoft Office, Mac and PC platforms. Hand-drawn typography and extensive illustration experience.
Creative Services Manager, Bonnier Corporation (May 2010 - October 2013 )
- Conceptualize and design marketing materials for 15 diverse national brands
- Work directly with new advertising clients on establishing ad campaigns in print and online platforms
- Design and ensure quality of magazine brands’ marketing materials from conception to completion. Materials include: media kits, event signage, sales sheets, corporate-level sales presentations, logo design, brochures, direct-mail campaigns
- Implemented a new efficiency system for organization of company’s extensive libraries and digital assets
- Collaborate with publishers and art directors on title-specific projects to ensure brand consistency
- Manage all photo requests for brands and archive all photo assets
- Serve as liaison to printing firms to ensure quality production
Freelance Designer, Parenting Magazine (March 2010 - May 2010)
- Worked with creative director to implement redesign of company’s largest national brand - Managed and maintained new brand guidelines, and collaborated with other designers
- Worked with editorial staff to maintain intense deadlines while ensuring quality layout design
Senior Graphic Designer, F.E.G.S Health and Human Services (Dec 2005 - Aug 2008)
- Served as lead print designer for the largest health non-profit organization in New York City
- Translated divisional input into creative solutions such as brochures, annual reports and logos
- Developed new identities for additional divisions and services and oversaw those brands
Graphic Designer, Equinox Fitness Clubs (Dec 2004 - Dec 2005)
- Created club passes, brochures and all signage inside the luxury fitness clubs
- Worked alongside the Marketing Department on multi-page marketing brochures and on retail catalogs, co-branded passes and membership cards
- Worked in teams to write copy, proofread and make revisions under tight promotion deadlines
- Established new brand standards and maintained them in various diverse markets
Freelance Illustrator (2008 - Present)
- Work with Art Directors to execute illustrations under tight deadlines
- Comprehensive understanding of clients to vary styles according to each brand’s voice
- Contributing artist to multiple titles
Client List: Popular Science, Parenting Magazine, Orlando Weekly, Sound + Vision, Caribbean Travel + Life, Destination Weddings & Honeymoons Magazine, Boating Magazine, Transworld Business Magazine, FLYING, Sport Diver Magazine
B.A. degree in Graphic Design, University of Central Florida. Graduated Cum Laude in May 2002.
Silver Addy, Communicator Awards (Annual Report, Identity), Davey Award (Annual Report: Design), Knight Images Award