Art Direction / Marketing
Versatile creative professional with solid background in branding, marketing, interactive and print design.
• Extensive experience developing design and communication solutions in corporate in-house and independent environments.
• Proven ability to translate marketing strategy into compelling creative.
• Diverse experience with multiple media forms and strong expertise in print and interactive design.
• Expert in the most recent design software.
University of California Berkeley, CA - Certificate in Marketing (in progress)
Parsons School of Design, New York, NY - MFA, Design and Technology, 2000
City College (CUNY), New York, NY - MS Ed, Bilingual Education, 2005
NYC Teaching Fellow - Art Educator, 2003-07
University of Puerto Rico. San Juan, PR - BA, Advertising and Graphic Design, 1994
Dial Management Corporation
• Develop and implement brand and corporate identity
• Coordinate advertising and promotions with managers and vendors in the Pacific and Caribbean regions
• Develop creative tactics to attract new customers and maintain existing ones, including promotions, pricing and employee incentives
• Art direct and design advertising, internal campaigns and client presentations that support business growth and enhance brand awareness
• Monitor industry trends
• Design and production of TV animations featuring monthly promotions
• Supervise print and web production process from start to finish. Establish production schedules and manage vendors
Senior Graphic Designer (Print & Web)
The Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation (DTCC)
August 2008-August 2012
• Designed posters and signage, print and e-newsletters, invitations, advertisements and other marketing collateral using Adobe Creative Suite
• Designed and produced screensavers, e-cards and website banners with Flash
• Designed web pages and stand-alone portal sites; worked with web team on information architecture, design and style sheets
• Conceptualized new corporate identity and branding for collateral and web
• Worked with product managers, marketing directors and web production groups
• Supervised print production process from start to finish
• In-house photographer for high profile corporate events
Department of Education (2003-08)
• Taught art to elementary and middle school students
• Designed sequential visual arts curriculum based on standards
• Collaborated in grant writing and community involvement efforts
Creative Services Director
The Thurmon Group (2001-03)
• Created logos, brochures, annual reports, invitations, presentations and tradeshow booth graphics for financial services clients such as AXA Financial and Equitable Life
• Designed and developed the company’s website: www.thurmongroup.com
• Performed administrative duties: organizing and archiving job files, managing resources and handling vendors
• Managed all print jobs from initial layout to final output
Deutsche Bank (2000-01)
• Created newsletters, annual reports, brochures, invitations and posters for
internal and external audiences
• Created graphics for publications and website
• Worked creatively while implementing strict corporate design guidelines
• Developed visual identity for the DB Americas Foundation.
SOFTWARE AND SKILLS
• Proficient in Adobe CS3/CS4, Acrobat and MS Office; working knowledge of web publishing software and some video editing.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication abilities. Exceptional collaborative and interpersonal skills.
• Fluent in English and Spanish.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Corporate Identity
• Interactive Design
• Desktop Publishing
New York University
State University of New York @Stonybrook
Hunter College: www.pr-secretfiles.net (web design)
Development Connections, www.dvcn.org
University of Puerto Rico Press
Biennial of Latin American Art of San Juan
The Yoga School New York